Sunday, November 28, 2010

Playroom chic


This has been a funny week. I wasn't very well at the start of it and it totally slowed down my usual crafting activities. But I picked up mid week and got very productive then, culminating in a total sewing splurge on Friday!

I had a custom order from my friend Lory who wanted a present for a little boy. After thinking up and casting aside lots of ideas, I settled on this cute playroom storage wall hanging. The alphabet fabric is Cath Kidston, a heavy cotton, and is really fresh and fun, perfect for little people. The pockets are made with plain cotton, with quite a heavy iron-on interfacing on both sides to give them structure and strength. I appliqued basic shapes on the pockets using the original fabric for some extra interest.


The large pocket at the bottom is big enough for some large paperbacked children's books and the other two pockets would hold soft toys, dolls, hats & scarves, slippers etc. It's hung with some blue heart ribbon attached to the wooden dowel and there is a second dowel sewn in the bottom of the hanging to weight it. The fabric loops holding the dowel are stitched a number of times to give them extra strength.



I'm hoping the little boy who got it will like it and that it brightens up his playroom or bedroom!




1 comments:

Lory said...

The little boy loved it, and so did his mommy! Thanks. Lory