Friday, November 5, 2010

Snuggly owl baby blanket


This is the second baby blanket I have finished this week. I haven't managed to get pictures of the other one yet, but snapped a few tonight when I had this done. Its part of an order of baby gifts for some new babas and I hope that they spend lots of time snuggled up warm and cosy in them! The blanket is a great size for a buggy - 89cm by 76cm.





I love novelty kids fabrics that are unusual and have a bit of character and as soon as I saw this owl fabric I fell in love with it. Its so fresh and funky and cute and I knew immediately it would make a lovely baby blanket for an extra special baby gift. The owl fabric is 100% quilting weight cotton, very soft and eye catching. It's from the Ann Kelle Urban Zoologie range by Robert Kaufman Fabrics. Its backed with a blue minky which is velvety soft. I bound it with some navy bias binding and think it works well. I'm not a lover of too many pastel blues and pinks for babies - I love stronger, more vibrant colours and think they are much more interesting for baby to look at too. My kids always much preferred toys and clothes in strong primary colours.







I added some littled appliqued baby feet on the minky just because I thought they were cute!






I'll be back with pics of the other blanket as soon as I can get a minute to take them and load them up.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lory said...

Oh my gosh, I love this one, it's so gorgeous...how much for a toddler bed sized one of that?

Sarah Flynn said...

I'll email you re measurements etc and let you know. I just adore this fabric, going to order it in more colour combos to use again.

Anonymous said...

My whole family loves Owls, and my Aunt is finally pregnant?

How much for the blue owl baby blanket!?

I would love to hear from you! Thanks!

lyndsaykozik@hotmail.com

cabaca said...

I know this post was almost a year ago, but do you still have the fabric to make another one of the blankets from the picture? And do you ship to the US? My email is caitlin.baca@gmail.com. Thanks in advance and you do amazing work!

Caitlin