Thursday, December 9, 2010

Baby Snuggle Blankets







This week has been incredibly, madly busy trying to get all my Christmas orders out. At this stage I've finished all of the bunting orders (although I still have some for gifts from myself to finish) and I'm nearly done with the snuggle blankets which have been really popular. I thought I'd post some pictures of 3 of the ones completed so far as they turned out so pretty!

This cheerful flowery print is a Michael Miller fabric called Daisy Dance that I found buried at the bottom of a shelf in my tiny local craft shop! I fell in love with it immediately, it's so pretty and fun! The green minky backing and wine binding balance the pinks perfectly.







2 of these blankets were orders for "non-pink" girl's blankets and it was lovely to put together options that were pretty without overloading on the pink.



This one is a Robert Kaufman fabric by Amy Schimler called On A Whim and the little owls are very quirky and whimsical. This is one of my favourite fabrics and I use blocks of it a lot in my patchwork blankets, but I think it works well as a main fabric too.



The patchwork blanket in the top
picture is for my friend's brand new niece and I hope that it keeps her cosy in this freezing weather. I used a range of fabrics in bright, bold colours and I love the red minky backing, its so vibrant and cheerful, I'll definitely be using again.




I'll post pictures of some more finished blankets at the weekend when I'm done :-) In the meantime I'll be found at my kitchen table, sewing, at all sorts of weird hours to get over the pre-Christmas rush.






1 comments:

Helen said...

You're blankets are stunning! I adore them!