Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Charlotte Bag - new design!

Catching up a little today after the last few hectic days! I hope you all had a joyful and peaceful Christmas and got to spend time with the people you love. We had a very busy few days, but had a really fun time and this year, with the kids both really understanding about Santa for the first time, Christmas morning was very magical. We had a family day at home yesterday, but made up for it today with lots of callers and tomorrow we're setting of to my mum's in Meath for a few days to catch up with my family. I'm really looking forward to seeing them all, but especially my niece and nephew on their first Christmas.

I finished this bag earlier in the week as an order for a friend and it turned out very funky and practical. I have lots of bag ideas swirling around in my head so decided that I should give each different one a name - for myself more than anything else. So I named this one the Charlotte Bag!


It'smade using two beautiful Moda fabrics - the main fabric is from the Freebird range by Momo and is aptly called Garden and the red contrast is one of the Bliss range by Bonnie and Camille and is called Fresh. The fabric is given structure with some iron on interfacing on both outside and lining fabrics and the shape is a gentle A line with an inverted pleat in the middle. I use a slightly curved line on at the top, tapering around upwards for the long strap and there is a small pocket for a mobile phone inside.


The bag is nice and deep, but is very slimline at the top. With additional stitching at the straps to strengthen them, this is a practical and trendy bag and I'm making another for myself right now!





6 comments:

patchworkdelights said...

This is so pretty, beautifully made! Was it tricky to make? Love the look of it. Nice choice of fabric too! Fi

Helen said...

Fantastic as usual Mrs Flynn! I love Charlotte! Hope to see you if you're around Dublin over the hols.

Sarah Flynn said...

Thanks Fi, it wasn't too tricky really. I'm thinking of doing a tutorial on it if people were interested, if you are let me know!

Jane said...

Very pretty fabrics!

Sarah Flynn said...

Thanks Jane!

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

I love Bliss, I love Freebird and I just love this wonderful bag.