Sunday, January 23, 2011

Snuggly baby buggy blankets handmade in Ireland!

Have a look at these blankets! Aren't they cute?

Baby boy patchwork buggy blanket

This patchwork buggy blanket is for a baby boy. It uses some lovely cotton prints from some differing animal ranges including Laurie Wisbrun's Urban Circus, Hooty Hoot Owl Roll Call, Wild Friends Jungle Animals and Alexander Henry's 2D Zoo. The red is from the Wheels range from Riley Blake fabrics.


It's backed with the softest, high quality baby blue minky dot fabric, and I used a narrow navy binding to finish it off. This would make a perfect blanket for keeping a small man warm in his buggy or pram when out and about!


It measures 92cm long x 74cm wide and is an original design, handmade by me in my smoke free, pet free home in Cork. I'm hoping that the baby boy who it was ordered for will enjoy snuggling under it, and love looking at the various fabrics as he gets older.

The second blanket I finished is a baby gift for one of my friends who had a new arrival before Christmas.


This blanket uses Ann Kelle's funky heart print from her Remix range, one of my favourite ranges of fabrics! I love the bright strong colours. It's backed with a hot pink, high quality super soft minky dot fabric and I have appliqued some baby feet on the back in the hearts fabric:


Its finished with a narrow wine-red binding which works well against the brights of the main fabric and the pink of the minky. I'm hoping baby S will be one of the most fashionable babies around with this wrapped around her in her buggy!


It measures 87cm x 76cm and is my original design, handmade by me!

8 comments:

Helen said...

Love them Mrs Flynn! They are as gorgeous as ever!

Cindy Jo said...

How wonderful these are! I love the eye catching colors you chose and I think anyone would like a blanket made out of that minky fabric. I know I would. :)

The Thompsons said...

Those are both adorable! I love the little feet- so precious.

Melinda said...

Beautiful! I backed a blanket for my niece born in October with Minkee and wow, what a pain! I applaud your efforts!

sukie said...

Oh man! I worked with minkie once and I about killed myself. Good job! Love the lil' footprints

Brenda said...

Sweet blankets, blessed babies.

Suzanne said...

The feet are what do it for me! Beautiful job!

Robin said...

These look so snuggly and happy! Beautiful work!