Saturday, February 19, 2011

Fresh new buggy snuggle blankets


This week I made some good progress with baby blankets, after they had stalled a little with the kids being sick, being sick myself and working on the quilts!


I finished this blanket just this morning and really like the colour palette in it. I stuck to blues and greens and it is fresh and spring like and perfect for a little boy! I had a lot of fun making this one, the fabrics are very cute and the top just came together so easily.


I love the swirly paisley prints in this one!


I also did a little girl's blanket with some of the new fabric that arrived last week.


As always, I have appliqued two little baby feet on the back - you can see how soft the Minky is in this closeup:



This one uses Riley Blake's Quite Contrary fabric in "Beautiful" and is backed with hot pink Minky. The white space on the pattern and the white binding keep it fresh and pretty.


So, 2 down, lots more to go to catch up with myself! As always, these were handmade by me in my home in Cork, Ireland to my own design.

I am linking these up to Fabric Tuesday over at Quiltstory, Made by You Monday on Skip to my Lou and other great sites - check out the links on my sidebar!
 

17 comments:

Kelly Rachel said...

Aw! Just love those little appliqued feet! What a truly wonderful idea. :D

Kristie said...

Super cute! I love the minky.

Leslie said...

i love your blog and had to become a follower!!! you make such beautiful quilts!

Helen said...

You're designs just get better and better all the time! They are absolutely stunning!

But even better than that, you managed to motivate me to finish a few projects of my own!

MessyMissy said...

Oh, those blankets are just darling. That minky looks so soft....I want a quilt with that fabric!! Great job. I would love it if you'd link this up to my Marvelous Mess party. I will be choosing one project to be featured on my sidebar for a week!! Here is the link: http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com/2011/02/marvelous-mess_20.html

Riel Nason said...

Very sweet! Love the blue and green colour palette. I just finished a quilt top for my son yesterday using the same two colours. Love your baby feet on the back. Wonderful touch!

Elizabeth D. said...

So cute! I love minky, it's so soft!

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Wow, I wish I'd had these when I had babies although my kids would probably still love them with that gorgeous minky on the back!

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Wow, I wish I'd had these when I had babies although my kids would probably still love them with that gorgeous minky on the back!

Kelly said...

those little feet are the sweetest! I might have to try that!

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Those Ann Kelle fabrics are so perfect! And OOHHHHH! I love the appliqued feet! How precious! You are so creative! :-)

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Ladies, thanks so much for all the comments :-)

Inspiredbyfelix said...

I LOVE these!, especially the idea of doing a furry back! Will follow and see what you create next :)

Ceri

Oxford Impressions said...

Just came to your blog for the first time. I love your work and am now a follower. Love the idea of the appliqued feet and stitching the name on the back so it frays. Can't wait to try those ideas on my own creations!

Kristen said...

I love the minky on the back....these quilts look so snugly!!

Megan said...

These are great! I especially love the curved corners. Thanks for linking up to {Sew] Modern Monday! Have a great week!

Tiff said...

WOW they are so beautiful! I have some friends who live in cork! Small world huh?