Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday #2

This week's progress report is ok - not quite as good as I hoped, but still good :-) I'm trying to be conscious not to get sucked into spending too much time sewing, blogging, browsing Flicker etc because its so easy to do. So I spent a lot of time this weekend cleaning my house, playing with the kids ( :-) <3) baking, cooking, grocery shopping etc and not so much time sewing. There are only so many hours in the day!

Completed this week:

2 Baby Buggy snuggle blankets, one for my sister whose friend had a baby girl in the last couple of weeks:


 and one for my friend whose friend had a baby boy:
 


I also finished 2 pincushions, 1 as an option for my Flickr scrappy pincushion swap:


and the other for myself. But I might not give the first one away I like it so much!

 

Work in Progress:

Quilting on my PictureBox quilt. This has been much slower than I expected due to a combination of me being sick last week, being completely overloaded at work and having no energy for quilting in the evenings and it just being super slow because of the quilt top layout. I'm doing straight lines again, to tie in with the Sophie's Dreams quilt, as this is its "brother" quilt, but it's turning out on the (very) wonky side of wonky, if you know what I mean. I tried to fight with it but now I am going with the flow and have fingers and toes crossed it turns out ok. If not, I think I will cry. I mean, really, I'll howl. So, positive thoughts this way please!


Stalled:

The curtains. (see last week's post) I can't even think about them. They haven't seen light of day since last week.


Other progress:

I'm very excited that finally, two months after my kids hid my camera so well I haven't been able to find it, I finally caved, gave up hope of finding it, and bought another decent camera. No more horrible grainy photos on the old one. Unfortunately, funds didn't stretch to a nice SLR but I got a good basic model and its such a pleasure to use.

So that's my week this week.   I'm linking this to Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday and lots of other great sites (links on my sidebar -->) and would love to hear about your week too!


11 comments:

By the Bluegrass said...

Love the work in progress quilt and the pincushions!
xo,
Sena

Jessica said...

Love those pincushions!

Elizabeth D. said...

Those pincushions sure are adorable! What did you use to fill them with?

A.J. Dub. said...

I Love all your projects! The snuggle blankets are adorable! I like both your pincushions too. Did you have a pattern for the one with the bliss? The shape is cute.

Bree said...

The footprints on that first blanket are just adorable! The pincushions are great too.

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Those snuggle blankets are just so cute! Well, so are the pin cushions and the picturebox quilt. You use lots of bright fun colors which have me smiling!

howtobejenna said...

I love your pin cushions and the footprints on the baby girl blanket are adorable! Great work!

Megan said...

Love the pincushions!

Lee said...

Those pincushions are adorable! Great snuggle blankets too. Thanks for linking up, have a wonderful week! : )

Sheila said...

HI Sarah, thanks for stopping by y blog and posting your first quilt - I love it and think your hand quilting is beautiful, I like the way you stitched the sashing and continued right out to the borders.Have linked to you so will be visiting again soon.

Wendi said...

I love the picture box quilt! I've been looking for a pattern for a Dr. Suess quilt I am making and I think something like this will be perfect! Thanks for the insperation :)