Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WIP Wednesday #5

It's been a good week here in FairyFace land! Here's my little progress report for the week, lots on it!

Completed this week:

I'm slowly but surely catching up on the backlog of orders for handmade baby gifts I have. This week I got 2 Buggy Snuggle blankets done and a Basic Shapes tag comforter in addition to my other sewing. (I got a couple of custom quilt orders also though, so my list suddenly got longer again!) I made the boy's blanket using Alexander Henry's "2D Zoo" in Pool and I just adore this fabric! It's a lovely fabric for a baby boy and has nice character to it.


The girl's blanket is Ann Kelle's Remix Daisy fabric in pink, another favourite of mine. I have this fabric in tangerine too! 



The baby comforter is made with polar fleece backed with minky, and I appliqued on some fussy cut fabrics in basic shapes.



I think it worked out pretty cute myself! There are no repeats in the ribbons and lots of different colours and textures for baby to explore. Also, an owl. Nothing else needs to be said!



I also got my tutorial for the Picture Box quilt  written up and posted which took a LOT more work than I naively anticipated :-) But it was worth it and I hope that people make it and post it in the Flickr group when they're done.

My other finish was the Origami Bag from Amy Butler's Style Stitches. I joined a couple of sewalongs in Janaury for this book and didn't really get moving with any of the projects so I really wanted to get something completed in March and I picked the smallest possible project!!



Work In Progress:

The Cosmo bag (also from Style Stitches) is very much back on the in progress list. I signed up for Friday night sew in over at Handmade by Heidi:






My plan for my Friday night sewing is to see how much I can get done on my Cosmo bag. It's all interfaced and ready to go, so I'd love to get a good way along in constructing it.  I'm hoping to make a few more Origami bags as well this week to tidy up my storage for my thread and sewing notions.

I'm also making some pillowcovers for Anna to match the two quilts I made her, and some cushion covers to coordinate with the quilts, and hoping to get those done this week for her.

I joined the Quiltalong over at Lily's Quilts this week too and I'm looking forward to getting started with that too!
Lily's Quilts QAL

I'm just going to do one mini block of this quilt due to time commitments but I can't wait. Just need to stop overthinking my fabric choices and make a decision..... I can't decide whether to break open my Origins layer cake and use part of it, or to put together a selection from my fat quarter stash. Decisions, decisions...
  
Well, that's enough to be going on with for one night I think! I'll be linking this up to Freshly Pieced and trying to not think too much about the Supernova Quilt Along that's starting there, I really can't commit to it but I SO want to do it :-(

 
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

12 comments:

Quilter in the Gap said...

I joined the QAL too. Can't wait to see what you decide to use. I decided on a FQ Bundle of Hugs & Kisses by Linda lum DeBono for Henry Glass.

howtobejenna said...

Wow you have so much going on, but everything looks lovely! Your baby blankets are so adorable. Happy Wednesday!

Jessica said...

I love your baby blankets! The comforter is adorable!

Becky said...

Oh I love all those baby blankies, I just want to snuggle them. I've been resisting that quilt a long - please don't drag me in with you. hee hee!

Jessica said...

Love those baby blankets! I think 2D Zoo is my absolute favorite baby print. I actually found some and Joann's on sale and majorly stocked up! That oragami bag is awesome!

Bree said...

Your Origami Bag is so cute!

Those baby blankets are just adorable, as usual!

Jessica said...

I really love your Origami bag. The colors are great together. I'm just about to get started on mine.

Debbie J said...

These are such cute projects! Thanks for showing them. Good job on it all.

Robin Hill Quilts~Eileen G. said...

Hi Sarah!
Your fabric choices for the baby quilts are perfect! That minkee is the best!
♥ Eileen

Dee said...

The origami bag is the bomb! Just love it!

Jerimi said...

I am crushing on those tiny little baby footprints. So cute!

A Girl said...

someone is a busy girl.:) Love your baby blankets, how cute with the little feet on them.