Monday, May 7, 2012

Bank holiday weekend sewing...

It's been a very chilled out weekend here. The sort of weekend where you plan to baste a quilt and get a start on quilting it but instead find yourself indulging in a little bank holiday weekend mid-afternoon snooze on the sofa! What a nice treat!


But I did get a little bit of sewing done. First up, I am in the middle of making another Circles mug rug. I love working on this on the sofa in the evenings. This is for one of my very best buddies, who when she saw the original I made for Felicity last year, asked me to make one for her at some stage. Last week, I was too tired from work to do any major evening sewing at my machine, so I quickly appliqued on my feature fabrics, and then I worked away on it here and there while watching tv. It's almost done now and I am loving the pink and dark, almost purplish tones on the Ash grey.


I also made a start on the long awaited quilt for my little boy D. He has changed his mind about a billion times about what he wanted. But when I saw this quilt in the Block Party book, and showed it to him, he was sold.


I have cut my blocks smaller than that pattern, as its to be a lap quilt, and have made 2 blocks up to try them out...here they are. No surprises that my little man is a train fanatic! 


Aren't they fresh and gorgeous? He thinks they are cool, and to be honest, so do I. I am going to sash them in Kona Coal..I think...although I might use a bright aqua or blue instead. I will decide when I get a few more done.


Lastly, I made up some little coin purses for little girls to sell. These are about 5 x 4, and are perfect for little ladies to keep their coins in, or even their little treasures...my little lady uses hers to cart her Moshi Monsters around in! 


If anyone is interested, there are full pics over on my Facebook page and you can contact me via email or on FB if you want one.



20 comments:

needle and nest said...

Everything is GORGEOUS! I don't think I could pick a favorite! :)

Nicky said...

You've had a very circle weekend Sarah! Love the wee purse too!

Sarah said...

Oh Sarah everything looks so lovely!

Katy Cameron said...

Lots of lovely sewing, especially the circles. I may have had a little nap in the bath this afternoon too *ahem*

felicity said...

You got a LOT of sewing done and a nap too - my kind of weekend. I am still loving the original Circles mug rug. ;)

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Love all those circles! Everything looks great. Glad you took time to enjoy your weekend.

Canadian Abroad said...

The circle quilt is going to be wonderful. And love those little coin purses.

Kelli said...

Wow! That's some awesome sewing for a lazy weekend. :)

Linda said...

I LOVE the circles quilt! What a great pattern!
You've certainly made the most of the weekend!

Pippa Parsons said...

wow, loads of sewing, I love the circle mug rug and your boy will adore the circle quilt

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Looks like a lovely sewing weekend - perfect x

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Gorgeous mug rug and I adore the circles :) So cute!
oh I LONG for a nap!!!

Cherie said...

Wow the mug rug looks amazing! Loving all those circles! I'll be waiting to see the progress on the quilt =D

p.s I'm interested in one of the pouches =D

Kirsten said...

Love your stitched circles!

Helen said...

Your circles quilt is going to be stunning and the pouches are so cute!

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

You've been busy my friend! Everything looks great. The circle quilt will be super cute for your little guy. :)

Leanne said...

I love all those circles you are working on!

lindsey said...

I love these polka dots and the little purses

Halina said...

Beautiful! I'm so glad to have discovered your blog!!! It's so inspiring and I can't wait to try some of your tutorials.

Katie said...

I LOVE the handstitching around the circles, very cute!