Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fabric Splurge!

I love love love fabric! So, I was super excited today when no less than 3 packages arrived from the US for me! I ordered a heap of new fabrics and some old favourites last week and couldn't wait to get them home and have a proper look.

I ordered layer cakes for the first time - It's a Hoot by MoMo which I've seen a lot of in blogland and is a gorgeous collection of fabrics (I can think of so many things to make from it) and Origins by Basic Grey which I bought just because I love the colours and fabrics in it - it doesn't match anything in my house and I can't think of what I'll do with the quilt I'll make from it but its all MINE!!! I got a Hideaway charm pack too, love this line, its really cute!


I also ordered some fresh yardage for my baby blankets and bunting. Aren't these lovely blues and greens? I love the snails!


And I was SO excited to get my hands of some of Ann Kelle's new line Ready Set Go (the trains and the cars) which is extra special being organic cotton. I also love the 2D zoo, the teal, navy and green is so vibrant, and the dino print is perfect for a baby boy's blanket. I found the Amy Schimler owls in a blue colourway and couldn't resist!


I also got some gorgeous fabrics for the baby girls! More Amy Schimler owls, some Alexander Henry Willow on green and I love the Riley Blake umbrella tops in vibrant pinks.


I managed to find more yardage in the cute cats too - this fabric is getting very hard to find! I also got some pretty Riley Blake fabrics from the Quite Contrary and Sweet Divinity ranges - these are very fresh and I am really happy with them :-)


So its been a big week for supplies shopping here. I spent Saturday afternoon flitting around between my 3 local craft shops picking up essentials and spent a pile of money on thread. My kids love looking at thread displays in shops and seeing all the colour shades, and when I lined up my new thread purchases this evening my little boy was over like a shot to have a good look. Aren't the colours pretty?


Time to get sewing again, now that I'm restocked and ready to go!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the owl fabrics!

diana said...

So, Sarah, wanna come by my house ? :D It's ok, bring all those fabrics with you, of course you woudn't let them there :))))

Sorry, what? You can't do it right now? Oh, don't worry, I'll come by :))))

Now really WOW! I love It's a hoot, I think it became my all time favorite line.
The owls? Perfect
The cats? Come on, I love cats
Organics? Get out of here :)))

So, are you coming or am I? :))))

Rachael said...

wow love the fabric, you'll sure have a lot of fun with them.