My plan for the month included a scrappy fabric basket (check) and a scrappy cushion (sadly no check).
I made good progress sorting out my scrap basket - I'm not quite finished, but almost there.
And I made 2 sets of scrappy blocks.
First up, I made these two QAYG blocks for Alison as part of her appeal for quilts for street children in Mexico city:
I did a version of a log cabin block with strips of increasing size. I would have liked to do a few more, but had to accept that my time is limited and that contributing something was better than having great intentions and ending up contributing nothing. I really like these cheery, happy blocks. I quilted them in an expanding square type pattern - you can see it better on the back of the block. I hope Alison can use these, and they definitely made good use of my scraps!
The last of my makes for the month were my Bee Blocks for Ruth in the Modern Irish Bee. These blocks used teeny tiny 1" squares so they were a little bit tricky, but fantastic to use up those tiny pieces of fabric you can't bear to throw out. The Kona Ash sets of the little scrap blocks perfectly, I can't wait to see what this quilt turns out like.
My aim for February is to use these orphan blocks I found in my scrap basket, and turn them into something lovely!