Friday, June 10, 2011

Another finished quilt top




I managed to get finished today this quilt top which is for a commissioned quilt. Its based on my previous "Sophie's Dreams" quilt, using a similar colour palette but with a different colour balance and many different fabric prints. I'm happy with how its turning out :-) I'm hoping to get the baby girl's name appliqued on the backing and get it basted tonight so that I can start quilting it on Sunday after picking up some natural cotton thread tomorrow.

Not sure what I'm going to call this one - I don't want to call it Sophie's Dreams 2! Any ideas?


I also decided to join up with Elizabeth's Kaleidoscope Quiltalong which I'm really excited about!






These are the fabrics I have picked - I'm going to do the baby size quilt for a little boy.


What do you think? I love them!!!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ooh, i love those fabrics, especially that car print on the top.

Maybe name the quilt after the person it's going to? Like, Sally's Dreams (or whatever) so it still has a reference to the original but isn't just "sophie's dreams 2". That's the best suggestion I have, I'm terrible at naming quilts. I'm going to be basting my first quilt tonight and it's so far named Snuggle Quilt because it's made of snuggle flannel.

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Oh, yay, I'm so glad you're joining in!! I'll you you to the blogroll pronto :) And I agree with Jennifer about the naming, that's a good idea. I am also totally awful at quilt naming!

Irina said...

I love those fabrics, it will make a really nice quilt for a boy. The finished top looks great!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Lovely! I am still debating joining in xx

Ashley said...

hey girl! i love this:) you do such a great job!!!

Cindy said...

Good for you! What a lovely quilt for a little girl. What about something summery like Strawberry Summer? The colors that strike me are the pinks, greens and whites which (at this time of year) are strawberries. It nearly works with this week being Bord Bia's strawberry week :)

patchworkdelights said...

wow Sarah the quilt looks great! Love the colours, very vibrant,

Eek a QAL, tempting...

Anonymous said...

How fun! Love the fabrics you used! and I love your new selections too!

The Sunflower Patch said...

Love the finished quilt top & your choices for the QUL! I love the two owl prints.

Jenniffier said...

Glad to hear you are joining too. I like your commissioned quilt it looks lovely.

Judith, Belfast said...

Hi Sarah, good to find you here! How about 'Sweet Dreams' or 'Dream in Colour' - beautiful quilt. Lovely fabrics too for the QAL. Judith xo