Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My fantasy FQ Bundle

When I saw the fun going on over at Quokka Quilts, I just couldn't resist joining in! I really enjoyed putting together this FQ bundle from all the fab fabrics over at the Fat Quarter Shop. The colour palette is inspired by some of the goodies I made for my secret partner for Cindy's Goodie Swap earlier this year. Eva looked for grey, plum and aqua and it was totally out of my comfort zone in terms of what I normally work with. I was also somewhat limited in the grey and plum colours in my stash. But I really enjoyed putting it together so when I saw this challenge I decided to revisit that concept and put together a fantasy bundle based on it - the sort of fabrics I would have loved to have had at hand.

My FQS Blogger Bundle

I was intending to do this later in the week when I got home from my parents, but couldn't wait till then! So here is the result of a couple of hours of hogging the PC and being unsociable this evening...sorry, family! I think it works well - its much more grown up than  my normal choices!! I'm loving the cool tones and while the palette is limited, I tried to concentrate on the values and the prints and make it really interesting with those elements.


The fabrics are:

1. Robot Factory Teal Circuit Board
2. Bazaar Style Night Moroccan Streets
3. Gray Garden Pindot
4. Outfoxed Purple Triangle Toss
5. Orchid Gray Gray Sweet Posie
6. Flora Turquoise Lattice
7. Going Coastal Gray Sea Kelp
8. Flora Turquoise Garden Damask
9. Heirloom Amethyst Empire Weave
10. Terrain Foliage Seapod
11. Oval Elements Juicy Grape
12. Juicy Blossoms Grey Hyacinth Borders
13. Kona Aqua
14. Kona Coal
15. Kona Plum

I'm linking this up to the Quokka Quilts post. Lots of fun - you should definitely check it out, particularly as there is a great prize on offer to the winner!

19 comments:

Toni said...

Definitely one of my favorites that I've seen, Sarah!

needle and nest said...

Oh, this is lovely! Definitely one of the best ones I've seen so far! :) Here's mine in case you'd like to check it out: http://littlepeanutshop.blogspot.com/2011/12/quokka-quilts-bloggers-choice-fq-bundle.html. :)

Katy Cameron said...

I'm loving seeing these popping up all over the place! I'm dying to get started on mine tomorrow now I'm back at home again...

stephmabry said...

I love the fabrics you chose - I just got the Outfoxed line in the mail, and picked a similar color scheme to you. I even used the same bazaar one that you've got in your top row, too!

Good luck!

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Love your colours! I have been trying to do this but Picassa will not play along...will keep trying though.

tusen said...

It came out great. Would be lovely to see a quilt made of these fabrics.

Susan said...

Lovely colour choices! I need to do this! It looks like fun!

Canadian Abroad said...

Stunning colour choices!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Just about to post up mine - you have at least 4 on there that made it to my final 20 before I had to get ruthless!
Great selection xxx

Anonymous said...

very nice selection!

Laura said...

Oooh lovely, anything with Kate Spain has my vote! But I'm not voting, so sorry about that! Thanks for joining up! Good luck. ;)

Jenniffier said...

Super cute!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Gorgeous palette! Great choices, I love the softness :)

Nicky said...

love the different textured prints you have there! Great job!

Inspiredbyfelix said...

This is gorgeous Sarah, I was steering clear of that competition (I'd end up spending loads!) but then I saw the pize - and now I'm tempted :) x

Laurel said...

oh that is just gorgeous. not the colors i would think of as "mine," but this is so lovely i might have to rethink that!

Anonymous said...

Hi I have just started to teach myself quilting so to win would be great annetteyoung@eircom.net

**nicke... said...

oh purple-licious!

rug cleaning Reno said...

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog.