Thursday, February 14, 2013

Catching up on some Bee blocks

I've finally managed to do a little bit of sewing when R has been napping in the last few days. It's so lovely to get my machine out again.

The very first job I had to do - before I started cutting into the Posy or Little Matryoshka fabrics I got to make stuff for R - was to catch up on some Bee blocks I was very behind on. The foggy haze of late pregnancy meant that I just couldn't do these before she arrived - I had no concentration whatsoever!

October Block 1

First up were some scrappy heart blocks for Karen. The first was a pieced scrappy heart, and the second could be anything we wanted along that theme. I really love the fabrics Karen picked, and for the second block I decided to do some applique hearts - they were fun to do and turned out as nicely as I hoped.

October Block 2


Next up were some scrappy triangles for Fiona. She sent us a little pile of scraps and asked us to make 3.5" equilateral triangles with them (paper pieced). I really had fun with these - I loved  choosing the fabrics, and they were really easy to run up. They're so vibrant and happy!

 January Blocks 1


Fiona wanted an extra triangle with our own scraps, and I had so many that I couldn't resist making 3. Aren't they pretty? And a fab way of using up scraps!

January Blocks 2

Now that I'm caught up - I'm ready to make February's blocks next - I can really start thinking about quilts. I feel like I might be able to finally get down on the floor to fix the basting mistake I made in D's quilt so that I can do the machine quilting in the ditch and then take it into the sofa to do the hand quilting here and there when R is napping. This quilt is sitting there since last summer and needs to be finished!f

Finished quilt top for my little boy - I'm in love with this one and so is he!!!#quilt #handmade


And of course, I need to start making a quilt for R - I have some Posy as you know, and also a FQ bundle of Little Matryoshka to play with. Can't wait to cut into it!




15 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Well done you for cracking on with those beauties xxx

patchworkdelights said...

They all look great S! I am a bad bad person I haven't done the hearts one yet! Fi

Kate said...

I really, really like your appliqued hearts and the 3.5" equilateral triangles are terrific (and have given me an idea). :)

Strawberry Patch said...

That's great and I bet it feels good to be on top of everything now.

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

I won't start anything either until I get my blocks done too. Got it all ready. Just have to sit down at that sewing machine.

Yon Quilting Wife said...

That's an amazing amount of sewing you've done. I quite fancey having a go at the hearts.

Kirsten said...

Lovely block - so nice to see you are back in the groove!

Schulz Family said...

I have piles of scrappy triangles completed but what to do with them? what are you going to make?

Judith, Belfast said...

Looks like you are getting back into your sewing groove! Yey for a baby that naps! Jxo

Katy Cameron said...

Love all the colours in those bee blocks!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

I can't believe you can get anything don with a baby.Well done and nice work.

Annabella said...

Good to see you getting bak in to the siwng of things Sarah! Hugs to the little one.

Leanne said...

The blocks are really beautiful! Having a quilt for cuddling under and hand quilting is a perfect project with a small baby about.

Cindy said...

Mmmm Little Matryoshka. She's coming to the shop, but is taking FOREVER. I can't wait for her to get here!!!
Gorgeous bee blocks :)

Mari said...

Hi - just stumbled across your blog after looking for a crochet hook roll pattern. I love the appliqued, pieced hearts! Very cute.