Friday, February 1, 2013

Hanging out with my gorgeous girl

Life is good these last 3 weeks. My lovely baby girl already feels like she has always been here! With my older two in school every day, I am loving spending quality time with her, doing important things like tickling toes ❤❤


It's fab to have the benefit of having already had 2 other babies, and so knowing what I am doing (as much as you can really "know" with a brand new baby who has her own unique personality) but the luxury of having lots of one-to-one time with her.

R has such a content, sweet little personality she is easy to adore and I am completely in love with her!


Not much any sewing going on, but I did make some purchases to make some quilts for her when my machine comes out again, including a bundle of Little Matryoshka fat quarters (which should arrive next week) and these Posy charm packs which arrived today:


I am itching to get started sewing again - a sure sign I am beginning to feel like myself although what with all the time spent feeding and changing R, not to mention looking after my other 2 kids, I have a feeling it will be slower than I would hope!


Thank you all for the congratulations and good wishes on my last post. I haven't had a chance to reply to people individually but I loved reading them all xx

30 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

Oh she is such a gorgeous sweetie. So pleased you are settling into a routine and loving it all.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Enjoy each and every moment :)
R certainly is a darling.

Judith, Belfast said...

What a precious bundle! enjoy! Jxo

Fran said...

So adorable!

Gill said...

What a cutie!
Enjoy these precious first weeks together!

patchworkdelights said...

Nibble nibbling those cute toes!

my4lilgirls said...

She is so beautiful, enjoy every second :)
Karen x

Di said...

She is a sweetie. Enjoy your time with her. Di x

Melanie said...

What a beautiful baby! Enjoy nibbling those toes! The sewing projects will always be there.

Annabella said...

Little R is completely and untterly adorable and look forward to seeing you sew soon. Did you get Posy from the FQ shop or is there somewhere nearer. I have a baby quilt to make for March and this looks so sweet. I hope you are feeling better now too and that the back ache has gone :-)

Archie the wonder dog said...

Aw, what a bonny baby!

Flying Blind... said...

She is certainly a cutey, and the sewing will wait!

Mary/SyLakeQuilts said...

She is beautiful! Enjoy this special time together.

Lynne said...

She is so gorgeous. The fabric is cute.

Nikki said...

Oh how lovely, I remember this time with my youngest, enjoy every little minute!

Cath said...

your little one is cute as a button! I just love her little toes.....could eat 'em right up! Glad you are finding the time to enjoy her as they grow up way too fast. I know, my baby is 21
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Sarah_L_N said...

Aw she is beautiful :)

Wendy said...

congratulations, she's gorgeous! I love babies' feet - the way they can move the toes individually and stretch them so much!

Tabatha said...

How do you resist nibbling on those little toes?! She's gorgeous!

Marcia R said...

Sarah, she is so beautiful! And don't worry about the sewing. Aside from a couple of scrapbooks, I didn't do any crafting while raising my three. It was creative enough trying to figure out how to get them all clean, fed, chauffeured, homework done, etc! But if I had known how to sew back then and an adorable line like Posy came out, well I too probably would have found some time...

Leanne said...

She is so beautiful and it is so nice to hear that you are having a lovely time with her and your whole family.

Yon Quilting Wife said...

She is adorable. Well done you.

Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts said...

She's beautiful Sarah! Enjoy all that snuggle time!

Emma said...

How gorgeous is she!!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

oooh, baby toes are my FAVORITE! I keep grabbing Evans even though he's almost one. I swear he's going to have feet issues. :) She's just so beautiful. And your sweater looks fantastic on her.

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Sarah she is adorable!! Aaww the toes :)

ayumills said...

R is SO adorable, Sarah!! What a wonderful moment it must be for you right now :) Posy charm pack looks so perfect for a baby girl's quilt!

JoJo said...

Congratulations - delighted for you!

elpetittaller said...

Sooooo sweet!!!

Charlotte said...

I'm so ridiculously behind on my blog reading! Congratulations she is utterly gorgeous. I know how you feel about wanting to get back to some sewing, I can't wait!