Friday, February 1, 2013

Hanging out with my gorgeous girl

Life is good these last 3 weeks. My lovely baby girl already feels like she has always been here! With my older two in school every day, I am loving spending quality time with her, doing important things like tickling toes ❤❤


It's fab to have the benefit of having already had 2 other babies, and so knowing what I am doing (as much as you can really "know" with a brand new baby who has her own unique personality) but the luxury of having lots of one-to-one time with her.

R has such a content, sweet little personality she is easy to adore and I am completely in love with her!


Not much any sewing going on, but I did make some purchases to make some quilts for her when my machine comes out again, including a bundle of Little Matryoshka fat quarters (which should arrive next week) and these Posy charm packs which arrived today:


I am itching to get started sewing again - a sure sign I am beginning to feel like myself although what with all the time spent feeding and changing R, not to mention looking after my other 2 kids, I have a feeling it will be slower than I would hope!


Thank you all for the congratulations and good wishes on my last post. I haven't had a chance to reply to people individually but I loved reading them all xx

30 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

Oh she is such a gorgeous sweetie. So pleased you are settling into a routine and loving it all.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Enjoy each and every moment :)
R certainly is a darling.

Judith, Belfast said...

What a precious bundle! enjoy! Jxo

Fran said...

So adorable!

Gill said...

What a cutie!
Enjoy these precious first weeks together!

patchworkdelights said...

Nibble nibbling those cute toes!

my4lilgirls said...

She is so beautiful, enjoy every second :)
Karen x

Di said...

She is a sweetie. Enjoy your time with her. Di x

Melanie said...

What a beautiful baby! Enjoy nibbling those toes! The sewing projects will always be there.

Annabella said...

Little R is completely and untterly adorable and look forward to seeing you sew soon. Did you get Posy from the FQ shop or is there somewhere nearer. I have a baby quilt to make for March and this looks so sweet. I hope you are feeling better now too and that the back ache has gone :-)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Aw, what a bonny baby!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

She is certainly a cutey, and the sewing will wait!

Mary/SyLakeQuilts said...

She is beautiful! Enjoy this special time together.

Lynne said...

She is so gorgeous. The fabric is cute.

Nikki said...

Oh how lovely, I remember this time with my youngest, enjoy every little minute!

Cath said...

your little one is cute as a button! I just love her little toes.....could eat 'em right up! Glad you are finding the time to enjoy her as they grow up way too fast. I know, my baby is 21
Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

Sarah_L_N said...

Aw she is beautiful :)

Wendy said...

congratulations, she's gorgeous! I love babies' feet - the way they can move the toes individually and stretch them so much!

BendingPins.com said...

How do you resist nibbling on those little toes?! She's gorgeous!

Marcia R said...

Sarah, she is so beautiful! And don't worry about the sewing. Aside from a couple of scrapbooks, I didn't do any crafting while raising my three. It was creative enough trying to figure out how to get them all clean, fed, chauffeured, homework done, etc! But if I had known how to sew back then and an adorable line like Posy came out, well I too probably would have found some time...

Leanne said...

She is so beautiful and it is so nice to hear that you are having a lovely time with her and your whole family.

Yon Quilting Wife said...

She is adorable. Well done you.

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

She's beautiful Sarah! Enjoy all that snuggle time!

Emma said...

How gorgeous is she!!

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

oooh, baby toes are my FAVORITE! I keep grabbing Evans even though he's almost one. I swear he's going to have feet issues. :) She's just so beautiful. And your sweater looks fantastic on her.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Sarah she is adorable!! Aaww the toes :)

ayumills said...

R is SO adorable, Sarah!! What a wonderful moment it must be for you right now :) Posy charm pack looks so perfect for a baby girl's quilt!

JoJo said...

Congratulations - delighted for you!

Anonymous said...

Sooooo sweet!!!

Charlotte said...

I'm so ridiculously behind on my blog reading! Congratulations she is utterly gorgeous. I know how you feel about wanting to get back to some sewing, I can't wait!