Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Finish-A-Long Quarter 2 - the list!

The kids are on their summer holidays and so is my hubby, so it's a bit like a mad house round at mine at the moment. So I'm going to be brief! I'm really pleased that I have 4 out of a hoped for 6 finishes this quarter - I feel that I got a lot achieved from my list at the start of the quarter and, better still, I was really happy with some of them. Without further ado here's the list:

1. Mr D's Circle's Quilt:






2. A tumbler quilt for Cindy using the Kona charm packs & 1 print FQ she sent me:



3. Some triangular placemats for my brother and his girlfriend:


4. Lastly, I made another peasant dress for baby R using some of the beautiful Little Matryoshka fabrics. This was actually one of my first finishes in the quarter, and although I posted a pic on Instagram at the time, I completely forgot to blog it.
Here is is:


I used the pattern by Sew Much Ado. I love this pattern, and bought it after I made the free infant version and baby R got to wear it only once before growing out of it. This time I made it in the 6-12 month size. R is not a particularly big baby (she's 6 months this week and only moving into 6-9 month clothes in the last couple of weeks) but she is already out of this version! I don't think that my not pre-washing the fabric helped as there has been a bit of shrinkage, but I find the pattern very tight across the chest/arm holes. However, maybe the sizing is different between the USA and Europe as the weight guidelines seem to be a bit different. Anyways, I digress. I did manage to snap a little pic of my beauty in her dress before she grew out of it - this was taken about 10 weeks ago so she is a lot bigger now! (And yes, in case you're wondering, she's a thumb sucker <3)




So there you go - my finishes. Delighted with these and can't wait to get stuck into next quarter's finish! Thanks so much to Leanne for hosting the Finish-A-Long, it definitely helped keep me on track.

I'm linking up to Leanne - pop over there to be inspired by everyone's finishes!

she can quilt

12 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Well done you!! A great list of finishes :)
Baby R looks so adorable and her dress is gorgeous! Lois is not even 6 months and is nearly in 12 months clothes - she's definitely bonnie ;)

Linda Crosby said...

Beautiful dress for a beautiful little angel. They grow much to quickly!! Enjoy her

Susan said...

Miss R looks like your best finish for the year....She looks adorable in her dress!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Adorable little girl Sarah...great projects

Cindy said...

Woo hoo! A fantastic list of finishes. Little R is just rocking that dress and (of course) the tumbler is just gorgeous. Great quarter for you, Miss. xx

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

What a great quarter you've had! R is so cute in the dress - I hope you can make others in bigger sizes, it looks like a great dress!

Nilya said...

Gorgeous finishes!!!

Rhonda the Rambler said...

Great job on all the finishes!!! I love that dress and I am off to print the pattern. I have just the fabric for Callee!!! Thanks!

TweetyBeeStitches said...

Thanks for sharing your delightful projects and especially the picture of your adorable baby in that dress. Cuteness +

Sarah said...

The dress is very pretty, but the baby is just beautiful! She's delightful. If you email reply to this comment, could you say her name? I keep making up a name for R and I would like know If I'm right! Hehe

Katy Cameron said...

Great job :o) And yes, I believe the kids sizing in the US is different

CapitolaQuilter said...

wonderful projects, I especially love the placemats and cute baby dress.