Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Finish: Kindle Paperwhite Cover


It's been a bit of a washout of a week, sewing wise. We are truly back full swing into school, pickups, extra curricular activities, and all the extra work that comes with it. It means I have had to take the week to get myself organised and have had very little sewing time. But today I finally got around to a project I've been meaning to do for a long time: a Kindle Paperwhite cover. My friend asked me ages ago to make one for her but I took much longer than I meant to.


I made it in a similar style to one I made previously for myself but had to adjust the measurements a little to get a nice snug fit as mine is a Touch which is a tiny bit bigger, and my own one is a bit loose for my liking. There is a little internal pocket  behind where the screen is held which can hold the charging lead if necessary. 


I used some of Julia Rothman's fabulous typewriter fabric as the feature point in the cover design, and let it wrap all the way around to the back. The contrast is some grey Glimma, which I straight line quilted to add texture. I really like how the fabrics work together.

This is a simple design to make, but I am really happy with it and it was a nice quick finish once I figured out my measurements.  I just need to make a second one now and then both will be off to my friend.



Linking up to Finish It Up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts.

15 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

That is really cute! I hope you get into the swing of the routine soon, Joan starts half days at nursery next week so I have an extra school trip for the next two weeks *sigh*

Jeanette said...

I just ordered that grey fabric today! Great kindle cover, love the typewriter fabric.

cheeky monkey said...

This is gorgeous! Still like the Glimma. Need to make a new one for myself too. The fire is to heavy....

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Very nice x

Arrrh routines - got to love 'em!

Katy Cameron said...

Love that fabric combo!

Anna said...

That's so cute! I really need to make one of those for my Kindle.. I have a sleeve, but this seems more functional!

Leanne said...

It is so cute, I love the fabrics.

Anonymous said...

Love the kindle cover...Thanks for sharing. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Needled Mom said...

That is very cute!

Marcia R said...

Super cute! Quick finishes are so rewarding. And I'm amazed that you get any sewing done. I didn't even attempt it until mine were grown.

Catherine said...

It looks just perfect! So glad I am not involved in school runs etc anymore

Catrin Lewis said...

This is great - I'm awful when it comes to adjusting measurements! With you on the after school routine, I really need to sort out some hand sewing for gymnastics and swimming!

Emma said...

Love that typewriter fabric, it works wonderfully with the Glimma. I hear you on the back to school! I have a junior infant and it's tough going for the first week.

Emma said...

Love that typewriter fabric, it works wonderfully with the Glimma. I hear you on the back to school! I have a junior infant and it's tough going for the first week.

Cindy said...

I love that you used typewriters on this. Your friend will love it!