Monday, October 17, 2011

Winter Stitching Plans!

FairyFace Designs

Are you ready? Made your list? Checked it twice? Do I hear a yes? Right so, let's press on!

By popular demand (you can't imagine how happy that phrase makes me!) I am setting up a new sewing list for you all to keep track of your winter sewing plans. I know we're in Autumn right now (or Fall, for my friends across the big pond) but its dark and dank and miserable and the evenings are just perfect for cosying up on the sofa in front of an open fire with some hand stitching, knitting or crochet. Or settling in at your sewing machine when the dinner is done and the kids are in bed, and getting stuck into some serious crafting.

I'm not a list-lover by nature, preferring to keep a lot of stuff in my head. But I did find that the utter satisfaction of looking back on what I'd done from my summer list was definitely worth the trouble of writing it in the first place. Sometimes, we're so focused on what we have to do, and what we haven't done, that we forget to celebrate all the fab things we have done. Here's where my Winter Stitching list comes in.

It's simple, really. Go, write your list. Now, be warned, like a new pet, this list is not just for Christmas. It's for life I jest! Its for the next 4 months or so. We'll be wrapping up in early spring. Lets say, mid March, when the evenings start to stretch out a bit and it feels like the cold and the rain and the need for central heating are finally starting to come to an end. (Spot the person who hates Irish weather).  So, think, what do you want to get done by then? What's in your list? You don't need a magic ball - we'll do a mid-winter catch up just after Christmas for you to show off all your Christmas crafting success and add in new projects that might have come up, inspired by the New Year and maybe whatever Santa brings. But do try to think into January and February in your plans.

Feel free to go beyond sewing and quilting - I deliberately used the word stitching for this one because so many people like to pick up knitting or crochet needles in the winter. If there are other stitching crafts you love, get them on the list - so embroidery, cross stitch - whatever takes your fancy, include it all!

Then, grab the button at the top and post it on your blog. Write your Winter Stitching post (I'd love if you included the button in it too) and come back here and link it up in the Linky I'll be posting on Thursday. Then comes the fun - go visiting :-) Pop over to some of the other bloggers linking up and say hi. Discover some new bloggy friends and cheer on their progress. Sounds like fun? That's because it is! Get to it!

21 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in! Missed out on the summer one so can't wait to join you on this one :-)

Laura said...

Ooh, this is a fabulous idea. I'm determined to get myself into a more regular, sensible crafting pattern over the next year - starting AND finishing things, rather than starting too many only to have them languish for months. I'll have to put my plotting hat on and get listing!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

So in, and I will be ready for Thursday!!!

Unknown said...

I'm in! I have my list up and on my blog with your button as the header! I also missed the summer one and am very excited about this! It'll be nice to see the projects crossed off!

Manda said...

I also missed the summer one, I will start thinking up my list!

stephmabry said...

Another great idea! With the holidays coming up, and some weddings and such, I have a HUGE list of projects to work on, all with deadlines - yikes! Definitely something to do when I get home from work today! ;)

quilterbell said...

I am in! I will be thinking on my list tonight, great idea!

Annabella said...

I`m in for your winter sewing thingy, and will post tomorrow. Thanks for hosting Sarah!

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

I'm the LIST Queen. (so my hubby says) So count me in.

Toni said...

Count me in! I need a bit more accountability for my projects and this seems like a great way! Thanks!

Alli said...

Awesome! I love making lists. :)

Live a Colorful Life said...

I LOVE making lists. This is something I definitely need to do. In!

Sarah said...

Ohh, my list has been waiting for this ;-)

Cindy said...

I am totally in. I love this idea and really enjoyed myself in your summer session. Will post my list very soon! xx

Rachel said...

I'm in, not sure I can think as far ahead as Jan or Feb though, but I'll give it a shot!

Rhonda the Rambler said...

I'm in too! Oh boy not usually a list maker so this should be interesting for me.

Katy Cameron said...

I'm in, but I really wish you hadn't made me write all that down!

Cindy said...

I have a list ready to post over the weekend or early next week. Sorry I can't post in time for your linky on Thurs. I'm in, though :)

Rosa said...

I love make list.

The Sunflower Patch said...

The summer projects list was such a great motivation for me! I am sew in :)

Unknown said...

Woohoo, I have been listing for a few weeks now and have just come back to remind myself when the 'deadline' was, expecting it to be Christmas. I am sooooo relieved it's March, the pressure is officially off... for a few weeks at least!