s giveaway which is being run through our Sew Irish group. This group now has about 40 super-crafty members and a very active photo pool on Flickr.
Knitting & Stitching show? Last year was my first time going (being relatively new to crafting!) and I had a ball! All that amazing fabric, gorgeous yarn - and it didn't end there. There were craft supplies for LOTS of different crafts - embroidery, jewellry making, felt making, card making and more! But besides the shopping, there was an exhibition of beautiful quilts and some great workshops - it was just a fab day of fun and I just can't wait to go back again this year.
(image from twistedthread.com)
One of the best things about last year was the opportunity to discover Irish suppliers of fabric and yarn that I didn't know about. Not to mention that I was able to research, try out and eventually purchase a fab new sewing machine which was delivered promptly the following week. That visit was also what prompted my obsession with quilting. Looking at all those beautiful quilts and buying my very first charm pack (Bliss by Bonnie & Camille - what a great start!), plus chatting with some experienced quilters made me determined to try it out!
This year, now that I am a committed fabric addict, I can't wait to get back in there and browse around. One of the things I'm most looking forward to is meeting up with some of the other Irish crafters - in particular some of my great blogging buddies. I'm really hoping that the members of our Sew Irish group might manage a cuppa and a chat at various points over the weekend!
So - want to come join us? Myself and Fi (one of my first bloggy friends, who runs the Sew Irish group with me) have 3 pairs of tickets to give away for the Dublin show which runs from 10th to 13th November in the RDS, Dublin. I am giving away one pair of tickets on this blog post, and Fi is giving away another pair over on her blog today. The last pair will be given away on the Sew Irish Facebook page next week, so make sure to pop over there and "like" so you have an extra chance to win. We've set up the Facebook page as an add-on to the Flickr group - I think chat and recommendations etc might be a little easier there. Plus, you can see what's being added to the Flickr group pool. Please do join up if you're an Irish based crafter and feel free to start discussions, add photos etc - its really great to have an online community!
Ok - so here's what you need to do to enter. You have 2 chances to win here - and don't forget there are more chances to win over with Fi!
- Please only enter this giveaway if you're available to attend the Knitting and Stitching show on the Dublin dates! (You will have to organise your own transport, obviously!)
- You do not need to have a blog to leave a comment - if you don't, click on the drop down box called "Comment As" underneath the Comment box once you have written your comment, and choose the "anonymous" option. Remember to include your email address!
- Please leave your email address in your comment. You can leave it in this format if you are concerned about spam issues -e.g. - fairyfacedesigns at gmail dot com
1. Tell me in a comment why you would like to go to the Knitting & Stitching show, or what you would be looking forward to seeing there.
2. For an extra chance, "Like" the Sew Irish Facebook page and let me know you do in a second comment
Giveaway will close on Monday evening 17th October at 9pm and winners will be chosen randomly. Good luck everyone!