Last week I pulled them out again and very quickly cut and pieced them.
I used Elizabeth Hartman's baby charm quilt pattern and its definitely one I'll be using again for last minute quilts, so simple and easy and because its about 33 x 40, very quick to baste, quilt and bind too. I decided to embroider his name in the bottom corner, using a simple running stitch in perle cotton. I traced his name using washable marker and it worked very well. I fused a small piece of very lightweight interfacing to the back of the fabric before starting to stablise the stitches a little.
After quilting it using a random stipple with some little hearts around his name, I picked a blue heart poplin print for the binding:
And a green hippo print from IKEA for the backing.
And in no time at all, it was done and ready to give to my sister today just in time for his Christening.
It's good to have my sewing mojo (or my sewjo as I saw it referred to during the week!) back again. I'm busy getting my list of projects for quarter 2 of the Finish A Long ready to post on Monday. Hope you're having a great weekend!