Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WIP Wednesday #8

 

This is going to be a short one! My little man was very sick all week and I don't have much to show! Plus, a lot of the work I did get done was prep stuff, cutting, layouts etc. So I'm abandoning my usual format.

I had no finishes this week, but did make progress on some baby blankets for my friends (sorry, I have no pics because I know they read this and I want them to be a surprise! I'll post them once they receive them, but I'm really happy with them, I've used some lovely new fabric).

 

The other major progress I made was with my Its a Hoot quilt. I got all the fabric laid out and decided on each block composition, which took quite a while on Saturday afternoon. I've sewn a few blocks here and there and realised this evening I have 10 of my 20 blocks done.


They need sashing etc in between them, but they're done :-) I absolutely love this fabric, the colours, the design, its just gorgeous! So lovely to work with and I'm having fun with the blocks. Can't wait till I have the rest done and can figure out how to place them.



That's it for today! I'll be linking up to Freshly Pieced as always, I love seeing what everyone is working on each week :-)
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

13 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

I hope your little guy is feeling better! I do love what you've gotten done, though, especially some of the fussy cutting of It's a Hoot! I'm sending well wishes your way :)

patchworkdelights said...

Hope he feels better ASAP!

Love your choice of colours Sarah!

Fi

CityHouseStudio said...

What beautiful blocks!
I just love this line of fabric!

Belinda said...

Those are awesome!! Love the pattern and colors. Hope little guy is better soon!!

Leanne said...

I like your blocks, they really show off the fabric nicely.

Melinda said...

Very cute! I love this fabric line so much!

Bree said...

Sometimes the prep work is the hardest part! All your blocks look great.

Riel Nason said...

Great blocks with fabulous fabric. Hope he's better soon!

Dawnmarie's Life said...

Love the blocks. Hope your little one is better soon.

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

I LOVE your it's a hoot quilt. It just screams spring! wonderful. Hope your little guy is feeling better soon.

Lee said...

Oh, those It's a Hoot blocks are positively yummy! Nice job! Hope your little guy feels better now - I know how tough that can be on everybody! And thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Helen said...

I hope the little man is feeling much better. Send him a kiss from "his friend" Helen.

Xxxx

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Hi Sarah, I just wanted to let you know I awarded you the stylish blogger award! Thanks for your great blog.
Becky