Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Perfect Mother's Day!

                                                                               Source: ow.ly via FairyFace on Pinterest


Today is Mother's Day in this part of the world. The kids have been planning all week for today - cards and little presents arrived home from school and playschool and there was a lot of talk about what would be done. It was established that I would have a magnificent lie in, with a luxurious breakfast in bed and the newspapers delivered to me. It was also established that I was to do no work today. No arguing there from me.

                                                                              Source: google.com via FairyFace on Pinterest


D, who is 5 and (as I said on FB earlier in the week) would rather pull out his own toenails than visit a fabric shop, was absolutely dead set on the fact that for my Mother's Day present I would need to be brought to a fabric shop and told to pick out some nice fabric and that his dad would pay. This I did not argue with. A measure of true love from my shopping-allergic son. Also a measure of how well he knows me!

On the day, the breakfast and the lie in were truly fabulous. Himself demonstrated his husband-of-the-year qualities by doing a big clean up and washing all the floors while I perused the Style and Magazine sections of the paper and requested more tea. The children did a lot of jumping on my bed, which, in a weak moment, I allowed, feeling all grateful for having such a wonderful family.


Then it came to the shopping. At the crucial point, it seemed the boys weren't keen, so a compromise was reached and off I trotted with the little lady in tow, and hubbie's credit card in my bag.  Happy days.



Here is the little pile of loveliness I bought in my local shop. You might have noticed very little fabric purchasing on this blog of late - its been strictly essentials only as I've been on something of a stash busting fabric diet since Christmas. So this was an enjoyable little break out for me! I do have a plan for most of these fabrics but unfortunately it's not something I can share with you at the moment, you'll just have to wait!

Then it was on for a mother-daughter lunch (venue chosen by her : McDonalds, happily situated beside a bagel place so that I didn't starve) and a little other pleasant browsing and picking out a new phone to collect tomorrow before coming home and having a long phone chat with Cindy.

Now, the dinner is cooked, the kids are promising to behave at bedtime and there is a lovely bottle of Rioja just waiting to be opened later on, plus more hand quilting of my Skittles quilt to look forward to (almost done!) Perfect day indeed. Hope your days were as lovely!

18 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Sounds like a fab day! Enjoy the new fabric goodies :o)

needle and nest said...

You resale got the royal treatment! What a wonderful family you have. :)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

That sounds lovely! Glad you had a lovely day too x

Susan said...

Sounds like the perfect day! All that fabric looks lovely! (We don't celebrate Mother's Day down under until May, so I have my day to look forward to!)

Sarah said...

Ooh fabric for mothers day. Worth all that labour then... ;-)

aksherry said...

That sounds like a wonderful day!!!

Teresa F. said...

Have a wonderful Mother's day. I loved your fabrics. Enjoy them.

Cindy said...

Yippee! Sounds like a lovely way to celebrate. I had a fab time chatting with you. We need to do that more often. xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great Day. Wishing you all the best on your special day.

Judith, Belfast said...

Sounds like a lovely way to spend Mothers day. Great purchases! Jxo

Amanda said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, those fabrics are gorgeous!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Perfect!! Sweet card :)

Nicky said...

Wonderful day you had - I got a bit of stitching done after breakfast in bed!

almerinda duarte said...

Well, I didn't know. I'm from Brazil. Happy Mother's day!Have a lovely day!

Canadian Abroad said...

So pleased you had such a great day. You deserve it. I do have to make my husband read the bit about credit cards and fabric stores though!

Amy said...

That does sound nice! I can't wait to be a mom! (Not just for the once a year day of no work :) )

barbara woods said...

sounds like a great day

felicity said...

Sounds delightful - happy Mother's Day!