Monday, March 5, 2012

Swappy Good Fortune

Today, I got home from work to find a gorgeous package waiting for me. As soon as I saw the envelope, I knew it could only be my Mouthy Stitches zip pouch from my secret partner. (Because I have no fabric deliveries outstanding right now!) Then I had a look at the return address and when I say my heart jumped, I am not joking, because I recognised it. It was from the very talented Toni, and I have been lucky enough to be a recipient of Toni's handmade gorgeousness before in Pay It Forward.

Needless to say, that was the end of my restraint, and I ripped it open, racking my brains to see if I could remember what she had posted in the group pool - but failing. Then this fell out. Oh my!

Swap package received


Isn't it absolutely amazing? I can't tell you how much I love it. Seriously, I'm so lucky - this is right up my street. The bright rainbow colours, the beautiful modern fabrics, the hand quilting - its just gorgeous. I love the small details - the scissors in the central piece, the way she echoed the colours of the star points in the perle cotton hand quilting. So much work and attention to detail, its just beautiful.

Pouch received front


Here's the back. I love the rainbow stripes of colour and the neutral hand quilting.

Pouch received back


She lined it with more beautiful fabric. I forgot to take a picture of the zip ends, but let me assure you, like everything else about this pouch, they are just perfect. You can see then hand quilting really well here, isn't it lovely?

Pouch received lining and hand quilting


And here are the scraps that came with it. Toni read me so well, they are all so bright and wonderful.

Scraps received


This is a really good size pouch - it measures up at about 11.5" square and is perfect for storing my hand-quilting supplies which currently reside in an ugly box.

Yippee!!  I'm so happy right now. This was a great swap, so many beautiful pouches turned up in the group photo pool and so many talented peeps took part. Thanks again to Toni and to the wonderful swap mamas Hadley, Cindy and Susan

26 comments:

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Absolutely stunning.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

I love it when a plan comes together x

Teresa F. said...

Lovely gifts. The pouch is wonderful and the fabrics are awesome.

Di said...

Gorgeous pouch. Di xo

Rhonda the Rambler said...

Great pouch...beautiful!

felicity said...

SCORE! :)

Sheila said...

Gorgeous pouch.x

Canadian Abroad said...

Perfect pouch for you! Great match by your mama.

Karen said...

Wow! The pouch is awesome. I love beautiful quilting. Enjoy!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Gorgeous! What a beautiful swap!

Cherie said...

Wow that is gorgeous!! You really are one lucky girl!!! =D

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Utterly gorgeous!! Toni is so talented, I might have to bribe her to make me something ;)
Lovely scraps too!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Oh that is fabulous! Lucky you :D

Marg said...

Oooh lovely, love both the back and the front. Lucky you!

DebbieH said...

Ooh, that is just stunning! You lucky thing :)

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

That is one gorgeous gift. You are a lucky gal.

Judith, Belfast said...

Beautiful! It was a swap bursting with talent all right! Jxo

Nicky said...

Toni read you well! Lucky you it is a stunning package!

Nikki said...

Stunning,absolutely stunning pouch!

Isisjem said...

Brilliant! This swap was lots of fun!

Jessica Kelly said...

Wow! Lucky you! That pouch is just gorgeous!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's gorgeous - lucky you!

Katy Cameron said...

Oooh, that is gorgeous, love both the front and back, and all the colours!

Toni said...

So glad you like it! Such a fun swap, wasn't it?

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

It is just fabulous! Lucky you!

Lindsay Conner said...

It's so cute, Sarah! Congrats on your swappings!